Thursday 21 June 2012

The Longest Day!


Longest Day Photo (21st June 2010)
 It was the longest day yesterday, it’s the day when we get the most sunlight and it was a very beautiful day, warm and sunny, it didn't get dark until after 10 o'clock at night! Mum always spends the Summer Solstice watching "The Wicker Man" as she celebrates the changing of the season! It is officially Summer now but it also means that the nights start to get shorter and darker, Mum says that she loves the Spring and Summer for the long late sunny nights so we can go walking in the park and to the lakes but when the nights start to get darker and colder Mum doesn't like it and in all honesty, neither do I, the weather gets cold and wet and I don't like going out in the rain and the dark nights mean that my long walks to the park off-lead become short walks round the Village amid the street lights on-lead! So until then I am going to enjoy the warmth and sunshine and appreciate every step my Pugalier paws take on my lengthy walks with freedom!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Frank it's Summer and guess what? IT'S RAINING!!!!!!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mom thinks thats a cool movie too. IT was to hot here, WAY too hot 98 degrees

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the good weather and your off lead walks. We are very jealous of those!
    We're having near 100 degree weather 2nd day in a row, which means no outdoor activities for us AT ALL!

    Drools and licks,
    Minnie, Mack and foster Mario

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Frank - great comment about the clowns... why didn't I think of that??!!
    BOL

    I like colder weather myself. It's been way too hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SOOOOOO in agreement with your MOM... HATE those DARK COLD Winter days and nights.. and LOVE the LONG SUNNY spring and summer ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mum luvs longest day of the year! Now she gets sads that the days are getting shorter agains, specially since we have had little sun and lots of rains. Last night it was still lights out when we went to sleeps!


    Winston

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel Tank. We have not had very good weather to be outside,,, because of the rain - which I know the forest needs- but humans and furrys need sunlight and warm... and long walks in the day light, so I will be like you, and enjoy all the days.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete